Friday, February 22, 2013

Tubes and Teaching

After a long awaited ENT appointment, we learned today that little lamb will need tubes in his ears :(  I had hoped for a less invasive treatment (says the anesthesia freaky mommy), but knew deep down that he would most likely need them.  Poor guy has had a 2 month straight battle with a double ear infection that would NOT go away!  We've been on every antibiotic (including shots) and still revealed sick ears at the ENT's office this morning.  The doc said that the procedure lasts all of about 10 minutes and is usually harder on parents that the child!  Imagine that!  This is the first time we've ever had to put a child through a procedure and it is NO fun to even think about!  The date is set.  So, we shall worry away until the the tubes are in and our little man is well again...
On another note, Big sister Layla is doing great in school!  She can recognize OVER 100 words required to pass to the first grade!   She has exceeded!  She can now read short stories, spell some words by memory, count/write to over 100 now!  My favorite thing with her lately is watching her play school.  She sets all of her baby dolls around a table and gives them each a paper (with their name on it)  and a pencil.  She "teaches" them, reads to them, grades them, and gives them stickers!  She is a mini Mrs. Blalock!  It is hilarious!  Love that girl! The other day my grandma saw something with writing on it and assumed that I had wrote it, come to find out it was Layla's penmanship!  It is really impressive!  Kindergarten is flying by so quickly and I am beyond amazed at what they cram into 5 year old's heads these days!  I believe I learned my ABC's, 123's, and colors at her age!  sheesh!  I have also realized that I have become a hoarder of all of her school work!  I just can't part with any of it!  I know I'll have to slim down my stack at some point.  Another day...

P.S.  My lovely blog friend is having a Favorite Things Friday Giveaway!  Stop by her page and enter,  I know I am!

http://www.theglamlifehousewife.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment