Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Layla says...

Lately, my nightly routine with Layla involves the two of us planting ourselves in my bed and going over site word flash cards right before bedtime.  After studying, she says "Cuddle time!" and we curl up under the covers and cuddle while she talks my ear off.  It's absolutely precious!  The hubby is usually putting Hudson down for the night at this time so it's nice for just Layla and I to have a some time with each other.  Well, this past week she has said a few things that have really touched my heart and proved to me, once again how thoughtful she is!  She REALLY, DEEPLY, thinks about things.  Things that I wouldn't think a six year old would put thought into...
                              Layla and her Daddy at the Father-Daughter Dance

Here are some examples:
1.  Right before bedtime, I tell Layla "Goodnight, I love you!"  She answers, "I love you more!"  I respond, "Well, I love you more than all the stars."  She responds, "You know how big God is Mommy?  I love you more than that!"..... and she wins!
2.  After putting her baby brother to bed, I find Layla bouncing on my bed.  She stops and says to me "Mommy, I think I will have a baby when I grow up.  I want a girl."  This shocks me honestly, because until this moment, she has always said she will not have any babys!  She plops down on the bed and says "What should I name her?"  I answer "How about Jessica?" and laugh.  She smiles and responds, "Yes, that way anytime I miss you, I can kiss her."  ... and then I melt.
3.  During our nightly cuddle time last night Layla says "I don't want to grow up."  This is nothing new, she has always said this to us.  "Everyone wants to be bigger.  I don't.  I want to stay little, this works just fine for me.".... again, I am just speechless.
              Layla and I, sooo long ago.  Seems like just yesterday.
She just turned the big 6 in March and I feel like I am raising a teenager already!  Oh, where has my little girl gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment