Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Breakfast Table Project

Before

Here she is... a beauty right?  Tee-Hee!  This horrible picture was taken with my camera phone.  I snapped it right before I paid the lady at the flea market $29.99!  To most, this would seem like a ghastly price for an old, chipped up, scratched up, dated table.  But to me, "Ahhhh" I see potential!  I've got big plans for her! 
We chose a floor plan for our new house that happened to have a bay window off the kitchen.  It is a small area and right away I decided I wanted a small round table to mimic the shape of that area.  A modern round table wouldn't do for my taste so I set out searching for something small, with detailed legs. 
My plans:  I will sand the entire piece and try to take the scratches off the top of the table and give it a new stain.  I'm hoping to find one that has a bit of gray in it.  Then I'll replace the old cream colored paint on the legs with white.  I'm hoping to try some of Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint  in maybe grain sack, or maybe shutter gray, I dunno!  If you haven't heard of Milk Paint you should check this out!  Marian, the developer of this paint line, is very talented!  I follow her blog on a daily basis!  Her blog is amazing and so is her work!


Any who!  In the mean time I am on a search for four great chairs to go around the round!  I'm hunting for some all wood chairs that do not require padding/fabric(padding/fabric= messy, yuck due to two young children who just might spill food and drink on them!)  Maybe some old bistro chairs?  I'm hoping for another great deal!
This past weekend I worked on sanding the top of the table... and that is all!  Hopefully, I can find some time to get back out there soon and get 'er done before the move in day!
I'll keep ya'll posted!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment